Sharing outdoor adventures and friendship
Adventures For Women, founded by Betsy Thomason, is a non-profit organization, one of the few "women only" outdoor clubs in the U.S.
We bring women, 18 years or older, of all abilities together...
- to share adventures and camaraderie
- to learn new skills and develop confidence
- to gain new insights and experiences
We are an eclectic organization that loves to explore and is equally at home in the woods, the suburbs, or the city. We pride ourselves on providing ample opportunities for women to empower, improve and define themselves.
Explore our web site and take a look at our Adventure Schedule for activities from March 2016 through August 2016.
For information on becoming a member, please click here.
Questions? Send us an email or call 973-644-3592
Saturday, April 2, 2016
St. Alban's Church, Oakland, NJ
Come join us for a wonderful day of fun. AFW has organized a variety of events for you.
- Hike: 10:30am at Campgaw Mountain Reservation. Details of hike will be sent to those who register. Hikers can
drop food off at the Church first, meeting at St Alban's at 10am, then carpool to trailhead.
For those choosing not to hike, meet around 1pm at the Church for snacks.
- Square Dancing: 2pm-4pm. Learn to square dance with our instructor. Have fun learning to “promenade,” “step to a wave,” “half sashay,” and more.
- Potluck Dinner: After the Square Dancing session, we’ll enjoy some snacks, beverages (bring your own wine or beer, if you like) and one another’s company while setting up for our potluck dinner. Please bring a favorite dish to share that will serve 4 to 6 people (appetizers, main dish, salad or dessert) and include a card with the food you bring. Let us know if it’s vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, etc.
Please sign up on the website if you're planning to join us for any or all events. Remember, this is open to all, so do feel free to bring a female friend or neighbor. It's a good time to catch up with old friends and welcome new ones.
Hope to see you there!
NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR OTHER WEBSITES AND 3RD PARTY CITES:
The AFW site contains hyperlinks to Web sites and dial out connectivity to information operated by parties other than AFW. Such links are provided for your reference and convenience only. AFW does not control such Web sites or locations, and is not responsible for their contents. AFW's inclusion of links to such Web sites or third party information providers does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators. AFW assumes no liability as a result of your linking to any Web site from AFW and such linking is at your sole risk.
It has come to our attention that we have been cited in the book "The Adventurous Girl's Handbook" by Stephen and Lara Brennan. While we appreciate their including us, we would like to mention that the views, information and content expressed in the book are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of Adventures For Women (AFW). AFW did not participate in and takes no position on the nature, quality or accuracy of the content. The information provided should not be relied on as advice from AFW. For such advice, a reader should consult a qualified source.
Back to top